RE: RMAN without a repository

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:01:08 -0700

Greetings,

Once upon a time when I had to do this oracle gave me a set of scripts which would extract the actual files from the RMAN backup pieces. Startup the database nomount, extract the controlfile, mount the database and restore/recover away. It was kinda cool. THis was for 9i, I don't know if it work for 10g. Probably not the best practice if you might want to be able to recover very old backups but for this one emergency it worked.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center