RE: arch slow and standby.

From: Ankur Godambe <agodambe_at_ketera.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:02:18 -0700

So the assumption that database will hang in case of slow archival to remote destination even when log_archive_dest_n is optional is true for 9i unless _LOG_ARCHIVE_CALLOUT='LOCAL_FIRST=TRUE' parameter is set. The parameter directs arch to archive to local destination first and then to remote.

Thanks to David for pointing out the metalink doc - Note 260040.1.

Regards,

Ankur

From: Taft, David [mailto:TaftD_at_saic-dc.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:22 PM
To: Ankur Godambe; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: arch slow and standby.

Ankur,

The following Metalink note may be of interest to you:

Refining Remote Archival Over a Slow Network with the ARCH Process   Doc ID: Note:260040.1

Cheers,

David Taft