Database migration

From: Dennis Cutshall <denniscutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:04:14 -0500

We have a need to migrate data between competing database, eg, MSSql <--> Oracle. I have been researching Oracle and not finding much help. The tools that Oracle vides, (SQL Loader, Migration Workbench) seem to go only one way, that is, into Oracle. Does anyone know of a native Oracle migration tool that will transfer between databases, especially from Oracle to MSSQL? I know of third party tools that do this, but I am looking for an Oracle-supported tool.

Dennis

Dennis Cutshall
Data Base Administrator
University of North Dakota ITSS
Phone: (701) 777-4109
Fax: (701)777-3978
E-Mail: DennisCutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu