RE: Non Oracle knowledge to be a good Oracle DBA/expert

From: Tony Aponte <Tony_Aponte_at_Jabil.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:37:11 -0400

I don't know if there is one near you but have you thought of joining a local users group?

Tony Aponte

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Orlando L Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:14 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Non Oracle knowledge to be a good Oracle DBA/expert Gurus,

We all hear about Oracle books and manuals that we should read. What about non Oracle things we need to know to be a DBA? For eg couple of days ago David Litchfield posted a link to an Oracle paper on log buffer internals. The paper had lots of C code in it. Do I have to learn C to become a good DBA? What is the best place to start?

Orlando.