ASM, Flash Recovery Area, RMAN

From: amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 04:23:15 +0200

Hi

I am not sure if it's me, nobrain on Fridays or truth.

I am forced to use ASM in a 3 nodes RAC, the boss wants to use Flash Recovery Area but then he also wants to take the backups to tape so he can bring somewhere else

Question:

I am sure we can backup database to Flash Recovery Area (ASM ) quite happily but how to get those to Tape? It seems to me, using ASM is either backup to ASM or TAPE, no chance to backup to ASM, ASM to TAPE. Am I correct?

If it is so, then sucks isnt it...

Alex