Re: using set role command in a logon trigger

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:57:34 +0530

Hi Jared,

My mistake. Thanks for pointing out the same.

My undestanding of the requirement was to allow/disallow a role if the user is connected from a particular node/app and this can be implemented using roles authenticated using packages and if we use this approach, triggers are NOT required

have not tried myself by example seems to match Laura's requirement

Refer Creating Secure Application Roles under http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14266/apdvntro.htm

I dont have access to a DB to test by looks like the approach would work

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar