RE: Can Log Files Be Archived To The Bit Bucket?

From: <jim.silverman_at_thomson.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:53:12 -0400

All:

Thanks to those who have responded to this issue. Based on this input, it's clear that sending the archived log files to the great by-and-by will in almost every situation lead to an unrecoverable database. I'm going to let my management know that performing hot backups with rman requires the presence of archivelogs, end of story.

Best regards,

Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC - A Thomson Company
Telephone: 734-669-7641
FAX:         734-930-7611
E-Mail:      jim.silverman_at_thomson.com