RE: impdp import schema very slow ????

From: Karla, Srini \(HAS-SAT\) <Srini_Karla_at_harcourt.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:19:04 -0500

By using PARALLEL option, export pump will create multiple dmp files and it's faster.
Example PARALLEL=4

Thanks,
Srini Karla
Sr. Database Administrator,
Harcourt Assessments, Inc.,
San Antonio, TX 78259

210-339-5252 work
210-683-3936 cell

Our Sharepoint: http://hassatappp022/sites/epa/ea/default.aspx

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of dba1 mcc Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:47 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: impdp import schema very slow ????

We have ORACLE 10.2.0.2 on LINUX server. I saw ORACLE document say "expdp/IMPDP" performance a lot better than "exp/imp".

I have been tried expdp/impdp schema and found "impdp" performace very slow (at least two to three times long than "imp"). When we do "impdp" it will stay on "Processing object type
SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS" for 20 -30 minutes.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

The fish are biting.
Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php