RE: AUTO ALLOCATE PERFORMANCE

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:50:28 -0500

Mark,

         Thanks for your response. All the TS are LMTs. ASSM is not in use.
This guy finally got back to me and his so called performance improvement was NOT something they actually did but a couple of slides off an old Oracle sales presentation.

    He said he was allocating 40M a nite and that was causing him problems. Well, most nites he's not allocating anything.

    I don't know if queries have anything to do with load performance as we only traced the test system, they aren't part of load, but there's way to much I/O for such a small DB.

      When I find out anything I'll let you know.

    Thanks
    Larry