RE: URGENT: Need data migration tool

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:23:40 -0600

DataPump might be able to do this. Are you on 10g?

--

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Paula Stankus Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:03 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: URGENT: Need data migration tool

Guys,

Transportable tablespaces won't work because I don't want the entire dataset. I have been able to get the time to get business specs and we are understaffed.

I need a good tool for quickly refreshing dev/test using a random and easily adjustable percentage of data. A tool that will preserve all relationships, constraints and that will migrate schemas and definitions. Including one that will migrate relationships between schemas that may only be in views and stored procedures or database links.

Help! :)

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites <http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVp BF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0w Nw--> to find flight and hotel bargains.

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Apr 05 2007 - 12:23:40 CDT