Re: using set role command in a logon trigger

From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

10.2.0.1.0 running on linux.

-Lizz

Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com> wrote: Laura,

 Which Oracle version is involved?

 Dennis Williams

 On 4/4/07, laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com> wrote: Hello,

 I have been asked to set specific roles when a user logs into oracle from a specific application.

 Meaning if the user is using for example Toad we only want that user for that session to have read-only privs.

 So I am wondering if it is possible to use the set role command in a trigger?

 I can use sys_context and v$session to determine what application the user has loged in from but not sure about using the set role command.

 Can anyone confirm this can be done or offer alternatives?

 Many Thanks,
 Laura

 Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate