Re: "Throttling" a session's IO

From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:02:14 -0700

Hemant,

If I understand this correctly the issue is around the redo overhead imposed by DELETE. If you are licensed to use partitioning, then you can try out a DIY refresh using a partition swap method

You can also swap statistics, drop/disable, add/enable constraints in the refresh procedure. I've used this technique and it works like a charm. Once you get the refresh procedure right, you can make it generic and then use it for any number of source/target table refresh.

The partition exchange happens almost instantaneously that an end user will not even notice it.

Regards,
Arul