RE: Oracle users and password changes

From: DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:22:55 -0500

My thoughts originally were to use an email notification sending mail from within Oracle, with a link to a webpage in the email and then they could put in old password and new password...if old password compare is successful, let them change it to a new one. I haven't thought thru that whole process though and thought setting this up in multiple instances would be time consuming and a lot of maintenance. Would something like this work?

>>> "Nick Yonko" <nyonko_at_pdx.edu> 04/04/07 11:10 AM >>>
Yes, however, the notification process for those using ODBC access through non-native Oracle app is difficult. I am looking for a solution to this as well.

PSU Foundation
Nick Yonko
Information Systems Director
nyonko_at_pdx.edu