Re: Global (and local) Temporary Tables & PL/SQL

From: Stephen Andert <andert_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:58:29 -0700

Raj and Gints,

Thank you for the additional information.

I think I have convinced the developer to create the table in advance and outside of his PROC. However, now he has gotten more information and the business may actually have a need for this in-transit data (various status codes and dates) so now he is considering making it a permanent table. I hope I have convinced him to implement a data purge from the time this goes into production, but seems like we won't be needing GTT's for this purpose anyway.

--
Stephen Andert
http://andertfamily.net/racing_reports.aspx

Any idiot can run.
It takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon.