RE: Active/Active Site A/Site B using SRDF

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:22:46 -0400

Yeah, there's no good way to do that at a storage level - you can *replicate* datafiles using SRDF, but the far side will be marked read-only. You could do bidirectional SRDF, so something like

db1 (source) ------> (readonly copy of db1)

(readonly db2) <------ db2 (source)

 *array 1* <---------------> *array 2*

But bidirectional SRDF requires, as I recall, dedicated fibre channel ports in both directions, so you use more IO and use more channels, and you STILL don't get data synchronization. I have seen some products claim to allow bidirectional read-write synchronization, but I can't imagine the performance impact isn't devastating.

Matt