re: can we call unix scripts from oracle database

From: Tim Onions <att755_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:45:55 +0100

Edwin

One way to do it is via external dbms_scheduler jobs, I've done it (to create daily statspack and AWR reprots) and it works a treat. The "new" way to set scheduler frequency (new over DBMS_JOBS pre 10g) allows so much flexibility I've yet to find a situation where you can't set what you want in a single command.

There are other ways, but I'll leave that to those who have used them (eg Java stored procs can access the OS if you get the permissions right)

Solve the Conspiracy and win fantastic prizes. http://www.theconspiracygame.co.uk/