RE: 10g RAC Install with Raw Devices

From: Pabba, Chandra <Chandra.Pabba_at_FMR.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:41:18 -0500

Andrew,

Just a comment in regards to your statement - ".......as near as I could determine, the
choices were asm or raw devices for the voting disk and quorum disk,..."

Actually, you can not use asm for voting and ocr devices...the only choice is RAW or clustered file system.

Thanks
Chandra Pabba

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of William Wagman Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:08 AM
To: gorbyx_at_gmail.com; naqimirza_at_yahoo.com Cc: tcarlson_at_tripos.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: 10g RAC Install with Raw Devices

Alex,

Can you provide some pointers to further information on this subject.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center