Re: New book

From: <JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:39:55 -0500

Don't know about the book, but the author is one of the best. I took his "Capacity Planning" course 8 or so years ago and it was great. I have actually used lots of the info. presented in my work, unlike some classes I've attended.

He was at Oracle at about the time Cary Millsap was. They are, IMHO, both the highest caliber Oracle Gurus.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk) / 512.935.5929 (pager)

 Same-Day Stump Grinding! Senior Discounts!

<Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>

03/29/2007 10:22 AM
Please respond to
Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com

<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

cc

Subject
New book

Anyone have any opinion on the book or author for “Forecasting Oracle Performance” by Craig Shallahamer being advertised by OraPub, Inc? It is ‘being printed now’ as per Amazon – and he offers a course on the same subject on the same Ad.

I’ve been googling, but not much on a book that hasn’t been printed yet. (but maybe reviewed), or maybe someone here is familiar with the author. Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546