Passing String Arguments to SQL*Plus from a Unix Shell

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:06:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I've scanned this list and other forums but haven't found a satisfying answer so far:
I need to pass arguments containing the SQL string delimiter "'" to sqlplus from a shell script, e.g.:

sqlplus user/pass @my.sql $1

where $1 should be like "'1','2','3'", so that a SQL statement WHERE clause within the script can be modified like this:

define inlist=&1
SELECT something FROM mytable
 WHERE something NOT IN ( &inlist );

-->

WHERE mycol NOT IN ( '1','2','3' );

I know how to pass arguments/parameters without the "'", but when I use "'" it gets erased by the shell. I've tried to escape the "'" but with no success so far.
It looks so simple but I can't find a solution. *help*

Regards,

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 29 2007 - 05:06:29 CDT