RE: performance in 10g

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

Have you seen this?

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/bi/db/10g/pdf/twp_general_cbo_migration_10gr2_0405.pdf

  Job
Govind.Arumugam_at_alltel.com wrote:
  We ran into the similar problem in a WHSE environment but moved from 8i to 10g. The recommendation from Oracle was to set the optimizer_feature_enable to 8.1.7; This was done about a month. We are still on this workaround through a logon trigger for the app user. They use a generic id to login.

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

appuser > show parameter optimizer

NAME TYPE VALUE

optimizer_dynamic_sampling integer 0
optimizer_features_enable string 8.1.7
optimizer_index_caching integer 0
optimizer_index_cost_adj integer 75
optimizer_mode string CHOOSE
optimizer_secure_view_merging boolean TRUE