Re: Why an organization would need an enterprise DB team

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:33:35 -0700

You will have the same issues even if the DBA's are all in one group, it just won't be an official division.

If there is development going on, one or more DBA's will be assigned to it. He will run into the same issues with the development process. It does not matter if the DBA's are in two teams or just one.

(been there done that)

Even if there are disagreements, communication will ensure that both sides know what is going on.

--
Jared Still