RE: Why an organization would need an enterprise DB team

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:38:24 -0400

Jared said:

"This can be mitigated on the DBA side simply by having a regularly scheduled meeting to keep all sides apprised of what is going on."

Hahahahahahahahha....hahahahahahahaha.....

Wait for it

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaha

There. I feel better.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:13 PM
To: Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Why an organization would need an enterprise DB team

On 3/27/07, Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com <Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com> wrote:

	We have just had this split and the
	battle we're fighting is that we don't hear about anything until
it's
	ready to go into production.  We get emails like, "Project X is
ready to
	go into production, please have the database ready for us
tomorrow."

        Our response is, "What is project X? What are the servers? Is there a

        DR requirement? What is the size, what is the expected growth, and

        incidentally the firewall ports aren't opened for us to access the

        server so you're going to have to wait a lot longer than 'tomorrow'."

--
Jared Still