Re: Grid Control on AIX

From: A. Coskan Gundogar <gundogar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:48:28 +0300

Dont have hands on experience on 10GR2 but I know that 10GR2 GC is working fine with AIX 5.3 At My previous employee we had problems on both release of GC on AIX 5.2 but i heard that they upgrade the AIX version and problems solved.
If you have chance to try it on AIX 5.3 with a test server you should try

good luck

On 3/27/07, Ron S Cetnar <RCetnar_at_uamail.albany.edu> wrote:

> Is anyone using Grid Control 10gR2 on IBM's AIX. If so, did you have
> any problems installing and/or getting the product to run on the os. I
> tried to do an install with 10gR1 and had many problems. Oracle support
> suggested to wait for 10gR2. So before I begin I was just wondering if
> anyone was successful with the install and getting it to run. Any
> pitfalls that I should be aware of? We are using AIX 5.2. Also I found
> only a readme and a quick install guide for installation documentation.
> Is there any other install documentation out for AIX. I have found
> install doc for HP, Linux and Solaris, but nothing for AIX.
>

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Ron

> Ron Cetnar
>
> Supervising Programmer/Analyst/Oracle DBA
> University applications Development (UAD)
>
> Building: Management Service Center - 100
> Room 110
> 1400 Washington Ave
> Albany, NY 12222
> Work Phone: 518 437-4535
> Fax Number: 518 437-4540
> Email Address: rcetnar_at_uamail.albany.edu

A. Coskan GUNDOGAR

Oracle DBA

http://coskan.wordpress.com