Is there a better way to confirm whether Conc.Managers are up and running?

From: vikram singh <vikramsingh120_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:57:51 +0530

Hi,

There is a need for a SQL that will report if all conc.managers are up and running. The SQL should gather information about which concurrent managers are enabled, whether the 'Actual' and 'Target' values match for that conc.manager, and if they do not it should be reported.

 We use a shell script now something similar to

ps -aef | grep FNDLIBR | grep `whoami`

 The above script has a couple of limitations like: 1. It will show whether FNDLIBR process is alive or not, but it doesn't throw light whether all the enabled concurrent managers are up and running. 2. This shows the FNDLIBRs for that current user. But in one of our setups we have more than one application attached for a single 'applmgr' account. We only source env files to work on a particular application.  i.e., we "su - applmgr" to the user, then we will source the env for either InstanceA or InstanceB depending on the need.  This setup makes it difficult for us to use the above shell "ps -aef | grep FNDLIBR | grep `whoami`" script as this will not report the presence of conc.managers for a particular instance.

Is there a better way i can track the Conc.Managers in the application?

Is there a good SQL that captures all the relevant information and which can be used within a shell script to be run periodically?

I am also open to any other idea that you may have to simplify the process.

Don't you think there ought to be a better idea? There might be of which i may not be aware of. Please enlighten!

Regards/Vikram.