Re: Streams: 9i source to 10g target

From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:25:55 -0700

Yes, the source could be 9i and target could be 10G; in fact, they could even be different Operating systems.

Even with 10G it takes a lot of sweat to make it work.... one needs to work with Oracle support most of the time on issues. Capture, apply, propagate processes get aborted randomly and there is a need to set up monitoring of these processes...

I do not know if it is me, but in my experience, I found Streams to be flaky when it comes to handling large transactions.. especially with batch jobs. If there are no frequent commits (example: commit every 1000 rows) then the apply either gets stuck or takes hours to catch up. This based on 10.2.0.2

Regards,
Arul