Re: downgrading a patch level

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:16:59 -0700

On 3/27/07, ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> In the 10.2.0.3 patch readme it states that I can downgrade the database
> with some downgrade scripts, then restore the 10.2.0.1 binaries and oracle
> inventory.
>
> However, Oracle support told me I can't do this:

Considering that several of the README.html files that come with upgrades state to do exactly what you are referring to, I would have to wonder about the advice you were given.

I don't have 10.2.0.3 handy, but the 10.2.0.2 instructions say to restore the backups of Oracle Home and run the catdwgrd.sql script to downgrade the database.

Is support telling you that these instructions are incorrect?

--
Jared Still