Re: Methods to clone large production database

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:02:40 -0400

we use raw files. take hot backup and create a create_controlfile. After the hot backup, we run multiple dd's over private network from one server to another. once those are copied (and renamed) over, we manipulate control file script and create the control file, and preform recovery to the scn. Along with data files, we also copy over archive logs to help in recovery.

rjamya