Re: Views and Import

From: A. Coskan Gundogar <gundogar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:40:06 +0300

could you be caught one of these conditions ?? an import log can be helpfull

Importing Views

Views are exported in dependency order. In some cases, Export must determine the ordering, rather than obtaining the order from the database. In doing so, Export may not always be able to duplicate the correct ordering, resulting in compilation warnings when a view is imported, and the failure to import column comments on such views.

In particular, if viewa uses the stored procedure procb, and procb uses the view viewc, Export cannot determine the proper ordering of viewa and viewc. If viewa is exported before viewc and procb already exists on the import system, viewa receives compilation warnings at import time.

Grants on views are imported even if a view has compilation errors. A view could have compilation errors if an object it depends on, such as a table, procedure, or another view, does not exist when the view is created. If a base table does not exist, the server cannot validate that the grantor has the proper privileges on the base table with the GRANT OPTION. Access violations could occur when the view is used if the grantor does not have the proper privileges after the missing tables are created.

Importing views that contain references to tables in other schemas requires that the importer have SELECT ANY TABLE privilege. If the importer has not been granted this privilege, the views will be imported in an uncompiled state. Note that granting the privilege to a role is insufficient. For the view to be compiled, the privilege must be granted directly to the importer.

On 3/27/07, J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Am I missing something? I did an import and it didn't import all of the
> views. There were no errors other than a few compilation errors on other
> views (which I expected).
>
> The process that I used was to truncate everything and then I did an
> import
> as follows:
>
> imp system/psswd_at_sid fromuser=user1 touser=user1 file=filename log=logname
> commit=y ignore=y buffer=262144000 feedback=1000

> Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
> Presents today.
>
> http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001

A. Coskan GUNDOGAR

Oracle DBA