OEM justification

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:32:40 -0400

I creating a justification for OEM. (Should I?)

The company used to license the packs for EM console, but stopped a year ago. I want them to license OEM Grid. For what I guess is $40,000? per 4 processor server? It would monitor 5 servers, 2 of them development, (maybe more... especially if it were to be extended).

ADDR, Accounts for various activities... e.g. Refreshing Dev or Test databases from OEM himself without DBA :) (cloning). Managers, operations, can see real time graphs of how the database is doing. Jobs: RMAN backups, Tuning, and on and on.

What is the impact of Not having OEM. The databases will humm along like normal for a couple more years... but?

Just Listing all the benefits can be over the top -- they would also have to understand... and overcome the hurtle posed by the fact that we are doing 'fine' now -- aren't we?

Any feedback?