Re: Sun T2000

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:46:34 +0800

As others say, it is very good for OLTP workload. Looks like its capacity is similar to a 8 dual core E2900 to us. Pay attention to, oracle think it is a 32cpu box, so cpu_count will be 32. so it will create 6 subpool for your shared pool, which may lead to each subpool too small for you.
Not much experience with its avalibility yet

On 3/23/07, Lawie, Duncan <duncan.lawie_at_credit-suisse.com> wrote:

> Are these servers up to the job of running a database? It sounds like
> they might be OK for OLTP, but bad if there is significant batch work.
>
> Does anyone have performance comparisons against more traditional Sun kit?
>
> Thanks,
> Duncan.

Regards
Zhu Chao