Re: Auto Extend On, Increment By

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:22:23 +0100

since you didn't mention what are your recovery requirements and how fast your datafiles/databases are growing, what I meant, if you set autoextend on datafiles, the datafiles can grow so to say as long as there are place on storage...in case you have to recover some of the datafiles, restore and recovery of 50GB datafile is not the same as of 5GB datafile...or your environment is such that this is not relevant...in such case, please ignore my e-mail :-)