Re: linux scripting question

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:07:09 -0500

If you want historical tracking of this, cron this to run at a specific interval. Redirect the output to a file somewhere. Externally map the directory as an oracle directory and make the file an external table. Then create yourself history table and as the file updates kick off a proc in the db to load your history from the updated file. I'm actually working through a process like this right now to provide some trending data on disk utilization for our Exec VP's.