Re: What was the WORST session at IOUG/Collaborate or OOW you have ever seen

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:45:21 -0600

I've actually seen a couple that I'd rate up there.

I won't get into specifics, but it seemed like at least half of the presentations were a sales-pitch for the person's consulting business.

"If you take my course I get into more details on this". "My book (mentioned numerous times through the presentation) has details and examples on this" (which were missing from the handouts or conference proceedings), etc.

I want to attend a session that spends it's time going over the subject matter, hopefully without too many questions or other interruptions from people who attend an Advanced topic and ask the simple, basic questions during the session instead of afterwards.

And Robert and Shrek, I missed your presentations at RMOUG this year, so they weren't yours.

:^)