Re: Refreshing a multi TB database

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:08:10 -0500

Developers, QA, pre-production testers and all other kind of groups might have quite valid requirements to have refreshed their test environment daily, hourly or on demand. People used to think it's not feasible to do but, often, this is possible with certain compromises and using special technologies of storage vendors such as Veritas checkpoints, ZFS Clones, NetApp FlexClones or whatever vendor calls it.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com