Diagnosing a listener problem?

From: <Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:33:44 -0400

On one of our databases we're having an odd recurring problem. It first happened immediately after a firewall change but has recurred twice.

3 times so far the listener has frozen. The process is still running but no connections are being allowed in and it isn't possible to stop the listener using lsnrctl (it just hangs). We need to kill the process and restart it.

Can anyone suggest any diagnostics to run if the problem recurs before we kill the listener and restart it?

Solaris 2.8

Oracle 9.2.0.7

Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA
x68355

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of oracle sos Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:43 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: shared tablespace

Good afternoon

Does anyone has experience on shared tablespace? The situation is we have a common historical data and would like to share it between QA and DEV encivonment. QA and DEV are on the same server, and using ASM instance.

I would like to get a procedure of how to perform this idea and appreciate your help and informaiton sharing.

Thanks,

Cindy