Re: What was the WORST session at IOUG/Collaborate or OOW you have ever seen

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 03:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

i remember a session by someone about disaster recovery and he was bad. he started out with our company got bought by another company who got bought by another company so i am unable to disclose the hardware or software used for this presentation. half the room pretty much knew what the config looked like since most of the people in the room were people that were looking at a similar solution or had looked at such a solution. on top of this the speaker was unable to explain how he did implement this which made it a very bad presentation indeed. ----- Original Message ---- From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@yahoo.com> To: oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:51:34 PM Subject: What was the WORST session at IOUG/Collaborate or OOW you have ever seen I don't recall the person that was giving the session, but it was back many years ago on rollback segments and tuning them. I sat in this very large room with maybe 100+ people... I was sitting next to Marlene Theriault (I'd just met her that year or the year before I think, have not seen her in some time, has anyone else??).... This session was SOOOOO bad, and so full of misinformation and I just sat there as Marlene held me down and kept me from yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOO MUCH MISINFORMATION!!! That was the worse session I ever attended. What about you?? No need to name names, I'm not looking to embarrass anyone... RF Robert G. Freeman Oracle Press Author Principle Engineer/Team Manager The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Collaborate '07 Come join my APEX University Session and Join me to talk about Evolutionary Database Development!! -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l