Re: ΄πΈ΄: Horizontally scaling a database

From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:49:58 -0400

<Oh and I like the performance metric you put out. 2 seconds to return a row from a billion row table. You think that is realistic? >

It may not be realistic or may be realistic. I get 600 ms response time on 1.4 billion row partitioned table with global index. So by that benchmark I was shooting for 2 sec or at the worst 4 sec. If this is not achievable with in 4 sec, we will scrap the idea and go with SAN and a beefy server.

I am already working on the idea as Thomas suggested - creating view of union of tables in all databases in the network. ( 4 for testing)

Regards

Sandeep