RE: Any quick way to remove histograms?

From: Boyle, Christopher <Christopher.Boyle_at_MultiPlan.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:40:37 -0400

If I missed it I apologize but what are you working with that has 80,000 tables?

Just curious.

Chris

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Allen, Brandon Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 3:04 PM
To: breitliw_at_centrexcc.com; Don Seiler; Oracle-L_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Any quick way to remove histograms?

Thanks, I guess that would be an ancient German secret :-)

I ended up just creating a script to run gather_table_stats on the remaining 122 tables that still had histograms, which was much faster than running a full gather_schema_stats on all 80,000+ tables. It would be nice if they would just provide a delete_histogram_stats procedure, but I guess I'm just being lazy.

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: Information included in and/or attached to this electronic mail transmission may be confidential. This electronic mail transmission is intended for the addressee(s) only. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, or distribution of, and/or any unauthorized action taken in reliance on the information in this electronic mail is prohibited. If you believe that you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission, or contact helpdesk_at_multiplan.com, and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.