RE: Auto Extend On, Increment By

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:07:04 -0400

Ok.

Lets assume that all the datafiles will autoextend, (some may have limits). What determines the increment_by if anything? I'm thinking 10Mbs. That could waste space in a few files that rarely grow, but the files would be remain fairly static once they extend. The others can grow at a reasonable rate. I see files out there with 1 block increment by, etc.

Perhaps a script or a query or a doc that someone uses?

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546