Re: db file sequential read - again

From: <jherrick_at_igs.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:38:40 -0600

Quoting Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com>:

> Personally, I'd rather let Oracle manage a single pool. A separate
> pool means you are assuming that by default Oracle will choose
> inappropriate blocks to page out. Of course you may be right... :-)
>

> Regards Nigel

Thanks Nigel!

Since this event is the only one I see in significant quantities/time I am fixating on it I guess. The server is idle and the I/O system is yawning but this event still pops up. Meanwhile I've got about 400 spare megabytes allocated to the Java Pool (Siebel 7 doesn't do Java) and the large_pool area (we're using dedicated servers and no RMAN). So I was looking to re-use the memory after doing an analysis of the file#/block# captured by my monitoring program.

Cheers

JH