Re: Packaging Oracle Clients for install

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:58:00 -0500

If you need to install a patchset, you can create a response file for it and use the NEXT_SESSION and NEXT_SESSION_RESPONSE parameters in the response file to direct OUI to install it after the initial client install is complete. As for the .Net patches, Iım not sure. Perhaps you could record their actions with WISE and have the batch file run that.

On 3/12/07 2:09 PM, Jared Still wrote:

> That's a good approach if you just need to do the initial install.
>
> In some cases we need to install 9i, install 2 levels of patches
> and then some .Net patches, some of which must be done
> manually.
>

> On 3/9/07, Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu> wrote:

>> I created a response file for OUI that contained all of the options I wanted
>> in a standard client install.  I then call it from a batch file, which also
>> sets up all the net config files.  If you wanted to use this method, there's
>> more info in the installation guide, in the appendix titled "Installing
>> Oracle Database Client Using Response Files."

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator
Pensacola Christian College