Re: dbms_job not Working

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:41:52 +0100

On 3/9/07, Sam Bootsma <sbootsma_at_georgebrown.ca> wrote:
> That did it. job_queue_processes was set to zero in the init.ora file.
> I didn't apply the CPU (the other DBA here did), but are you saying that
> part of applying the CPU set the parameter to zero?

I don't know whether your CPU does that, and in general job_queue_processes is not set to zero when patching (or maybe set to zero at the beginning and reset at the end of the patch scripts automatically).

But of course in some cases (eg when patching the dbms_job subsystem) it may be required by the patch instructions, or done automatically by the patch scripts. Then, a bug, or a simple overlook of the "post install instructions" can leave it at zero...

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"Per aspera ad astra"