RMAN backup and ways to backup the backup

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:56:59 +1000

Hi

I have RMAN backing up our project databases with RMAN and the flashback recovery area. We want to backup our flash back recovery area backupsets to a remote disk location for pickup on a standard file system backup. If anyone can shed some light as my google research has come up blind, maybe I just havent asked it the right question. Is it possible.

There is a much bigger backup strategy to go into place with a robot library etc, but that is to happen later. The databases are on 10.2.0.2

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

--
Peter McLarty