Re: incremental backups

From: Manmohan Jalsingh <mjalsingh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:34:30 -0800

Any idea on performance impact on database by using block change tracking feature.
The database we are considering using this feature is a large erp system which generates
about 40gb archivelogs daily. Currently, we run a cumulative incremental which almost
run for same time as full.

Thanks
Manmohan

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 17:55:04 -0800
From: Stalin <stalinsk_at_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: incremental backups

On 3/2/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com> wrote:

> Another consideration is that incrementals are only available with
> Enterprise Edition, but I think that may have changed with 10g.

Yes, incrementals are available with standard edition from 10g onwards. However, block change tracking requires Enterprise Edition.

-Stalin