RE: Urgent-ORA0001 Unique COnstraint

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:26:55 -0000

Did you have a question?

Do you not understand why a primary key constraint would fail validation?

Do you want to know how to diagnose the problem?

Your post is more likely to get a response if you show that you have tried on your own to solve your problem, and then ask a specific question rather than just announcing that you have a problem.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1
One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
USA
Phone 212.538.1143
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
www.credit-suisse.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:50 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Urgent-ORA0001 Unique COnstraint

Hi

I had to load some big data into the table and it has a composite Primary Key. I had disabled the Primary Key and when trying to insert the data, it is still failing with the Constraint violation

Thanks

Don't get soaked. Take a quick <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> peek at the forecast with theYahoo! <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> Search weather shortcut.