RE: how to trunc date column to half an hour

From: Sweetser, Joe <Joe.Sweetser_at_infocrossing.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:16:25 -0700

Not sure exactly what you're after but do either of these help?

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'HH') from dual; TO
--

02

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'HH24') from dual; TO
--

14
SQL>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Derya Oktay Sent: Tue 3/6/2007 11:16 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: how to trunc date column to half an hour

Hi All,
Is there a way of displaying date columns, truncated to half an hours.

For example: select trunc(sysdate,'HH') from dual;

Regards,
Derya.

FYI. We are usig this sort of functions in group by expressions.

PS. Ghassan thank you for your answer regarding local/global index es in partitions.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 06 2007 - 13:16:25 CST