Re: 10g upgrade survey--performance/stability

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 01:47:20 +0800

So with all the long discussion about how to upgrade (actually decided by your business requirement: downtime, dbsize mostly), anyone have something to summarize when it comes to performance area/stable in 10g after migrate to 10.2.0.3(our target version)?

We hit major issue when we upgrade from 8174 to 9205, mostly _library_cache_advice (controlled by statistics_level=typical in 9i as default), and latch free contention due to oralce code bug.

It would be great if someone can share such kind of messages. of course, this only apply to those who run real big and busy database system:)

--
Regards
Zhu Chao