Errors at the end of (otherwise successful) RMAN migration

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:47:46 -0600

Good morning all. My much-anticipated x86 -> x86_64 test migration finished, and everything *appears* to be well (i.e., I logged in and did one select on an app table). Something that concerns me was this at the very end of the RMAN migration:

RMAN> Recovery Manager complete.
--- END RMAN LOG ---
As you can see, the database gets opened and RMAN says it is finished.   Then I get that error about channel clean up. I'm running the RMAN migration from the x86_64 box (the AUXILIARY). The x86 TARGET box has four channels auto-allocated, on the AUX side I manually allocated 4 disk channels. Here is my run block (with bash vars mixed in):

RUN {

        ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux1 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
        ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux2 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
        ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux3 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
        ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux4 DEVICE TYPE DISK;

        DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE to ${AUXILIARY_INSTANCE}
                UNTIL TIME "TO_DATE('${POINT_IN_TIME}','YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS')"
                LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('+ASMDG1') size 100M,
                        GROUP 2 ('+ASMDG1') size 100M,
                        GROUP 3 ('+ASMDG1') size 100M;

}

As I said, it looks like the migration was successful, but nasty-looking errors don't make me confident. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Don.

--

Don Seiler
http://seilerwerks.blogspot.com