Interesting CST patch results

From: Michael Haddon <m.haddon_at_tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:17:54 -0600

I have a new server running Solaris (X86-64) on AMD dual core processors, the database is 10.2.0.1 for 64 bit Solaris (X86-64).

When patching to 10.2.0.2 everything patches fine but when adding the patch for V4 CST for Solaris X86-64. The patch applies clean but when attempting to restart the database I get

SP2-1503: Unable to initialize Oracle call interface SP2-0152: ORACLE may not be functioning properly

Metalink has a similar entry where the support person says it is because of a bad patch download,.. this is bogus, I verified the byte count and downloaded the patch again to make sure,..

I even backed out the patch and then was able to restart, re-applied it and same error. Relinking the oracle OCI and rdbms libraries does nothing.

Is anyone else seeing this? The DST patches should only apply new timezone files, why the OCI error.

BTW - I applied Version 3 of the DST patches and no problems, Version 4 croaks.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mike