Re: 10g upgrade survey

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:30:41 -0600

List,

Here are the results as I tally them so far.

Favorite upgrade method: Manual by a whisker (favored by 7 vs. 6 DBAs, as I count them, double counting some people who favored both methods)

A close runner-up was Exp/Imp.

Naturally if you have a large database and a short downtime window, exp/imp may not work for you.

One person stated he had used dbua successfully many times. Three others stated they were bitten by dbua.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Dennis Williams